Delivery charge to the Horsham and Southwater area
Having provided free delivery to the Horsham and Southwater area for just over a year, the time has come that to put a £4.50 delivery charge in place.
I would love to keep offering a free delivery service, but it is not sustainable to travel a couple of hundred miles every week when I look at petrol costs and man hours to deliver.
I hope you can understand my reasoning for this difficult decision.
To keep your delivery costs down, you could:
- Order in larger quantities – dry foods have a long shelf life, so they can be stored in airtight containers for quite some time (I sell a great range of glass jars online if you are looking for storage solutions!). You could place one large order instead of several smaller orders.
- If you opt to collect your order, then there is no delivery fee of course. Currenlty, you can collect from Dean House Farm in Newdigate or Trenchmore Farm in Cowfold (you can combine your Zero Waste Bulk Foods order with a Trenchmore order (cider, meat, dairy and organic fruit and veggies) and collect all together). I am looking at more click and collect locations – please do let me know if you know of any businesses that would like to partner with me to offer this.
The last Horsham / Southwater delivery day prior to Christmas will be Saturday 19th December. Please place your orders by close of business on Friday 18th December. You will be able to place orders online through the Christmas period, but the next delivery day will be Saturday 9th January.
For national orders where we use Parcelforce to deliver, please place your order by close of business on Wednesday 16th December. Deliveries will recommence in the week of 4th January.
Pay It Forward
Thank you so much to everyone that has donated money to the Pay It Forward scheme so far.
100% of your donations have been used to purchase food at wholesale cost price, and then packaged and delivered to The Southwater Infant Academy. The school then have complete autonomy to distribute.
So far, 120kg of food goodies have been packaged, so thank you very much – I am so happy that together, we have been able to help make some lives a little easier this month. I will keep the Pay It Forward donations open until the end of December.
There are so many new products that have arrived in the past couple of weeks! As always, if there are specific products that you would like to see stocked, please email me at email@example.com.
If enough people request the same product, I will look to buy it in bulk.
- Organic Vegan Raw Chocolate Almonds
- British Grown White Quinoa
- British Grown Olive Green Lentils
- Organic Wild Rice Mix
- Organic Mango ½ Strips Brooks Grade 1
- Nutritional Yeast Flakes (Vegan) with added B12
- Organic British Grown Naked Barley Flakes
- Organic British Grown Fava Bean Flour
- Organic Blanched Roasted Peanuts
- A great range of glass jars with airtight bamboo lids
- Organic cotton produce bags (these can be handed back to us to refill with your next order – so no paper / compostable bags needed!)
- Corn starch dental floss picks
- Wildflower seeded Christmas cards
Finally, a big thank you for all of your support this year. A lot of work has gone into building Zero Waste Bulk Foods and I am so appreciative of your support for my little venture.
Wishing you all a Merry Christmas, filled with love and joy.